Sunday, November 9, 2008

MY FIRST POST

First post! I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm just another bride living in an expensive city (LA) with a tight budget ($10,000). Actually, I'm not just another bride. I got married March of this year to a wonderful man who I have now known for 6 years. We didn't have the opportunity to have a big wedding, so we headed over to the courthouse and said our "I do's". Now we are taking this time while he is deployed to Iraq to save for the big day. So yes, I'm doing a lot of the planning without him but luckily he's able to sign online everyday and I get to talk to him and ask for input.

I've been planning for a few months now, or at least trying to. I started looking online for ideas and inspiration beginning in June but didn't seriously start planning until about August/September. I JUST decided on a location this past saturday: Skylinks Golf Course in Long Beach on September 6, 2009. They've got a really good package price for Fridays & Sundays. Plus our wedding lands on Labor Day weekend meaning some people wont have to work or go to school on Monday, sweet! Besides the location, the only other thing I have checked off my list is my dress which I bought in September & I am in LOVE with it.

I'll go into more details later. I'm done for tonight.

1 comment:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Congrats and i totally look forward to hearing more about your wedding celebration planning!