Tuesday, November 11, 2008

i promised details...

...so here we go!


I bought my dress before I got anything else-- before I knew what venue we were having our wedding at. What can I say? My priorities are always out of order and I knew it was the dress. So heres the story of how easy my dress hunt was:

A couple of friends and I were going to the mall and drove by and Alfred Angelo store. I figured it wouldn't hurt to just go in and check things out, so in we went. Next thing I knew, I was trying dresses on. I fell in love with the first dress I tried on... even if I had to try on a sample size which was more than twice my size. But the girl put clips on the back so I could see what it would look like when it fit. I tried on about 5 or 6 more dresses and ended up liking the first, and another dress which had a beautiful back but was much more simple. It was only my first time trying dresses on and I still wanting to do a lot more looking and trying. So we left the store.


A couple weeks later I visited a David's Bridal with my mom and sister and tried on some more dresses. All the while I couldn't stop thinking of those other to dresses at AA (not to mention the material on the David's Bridal dresses sucks!). I walked out of DB very disappointed.


During September, Alfred Angelo's was announcing a big bridal sale, up to $300 off wedding gowns! I figured I could go back with my mom and sister this time and see how much my gowns were on sale for, or if they were even on sale. Also to see if I still liked them as much as the first time. So we went and my mom and sister LOVED the dresses too and they were both on sale! I didn't know whether or not buying a dress that day would be a big mistake considering I had only gone to two bridal shops, but it was the last day of the sale. It was now or never. So I went with my gut feeling and decided to buy it. The problem now: which dress? The first dress I had tried on was more expensive than the other simple one. I really liked both but my mom and sister agreed that the first had more of a "wow" factor and ultimately thats what I wanted. So without further ado, I present to you my wedding dress:


I took the pictures down. I dont want the hubby to see!

No comments: