Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Anyone else think the term Bridesmaid is kinda mean?

I really like this dress for my MOH aka my sister.
The rest of the bridesmaids could wear anything else in all Aubergine.
I'm really kind of dreading the bridesmaid dress search. I've done a few searches online but I'd really like to take a day where we all get together, have lunch, and go shopping for their dresses... mostly so they can all get to know one another. I definitely don't want them to look like clones, especially since they all have different body types. I want them to be able to express their individuality and find something that is complementing to their own body. I dont care if their shoes don't match, their hairstyles aren't the same, or their jewelry is different. I do however want them to have the same color dress- Aubergine/Eggplant. Styles don't matter either as long as they're tea length.
I showed that dress to my sister, and she loved it too! Plus, I kind of like the idea of the Maid of Honor standing out from the rest of the bridesmaids.

1 comment:

bridechic said...

Everything you're saying and hoping for here makes sense. Don't worry; they will all find their version of aubergine in tea-length and look similar enough to be different in their own individual way . . .